Monday, February 23, 2009

Hope to See You Tomorrow

One of the most important days for the Lighthouse is coming tomorrow. I will be at the meeting, and I hope to see you there as well if your schedule allows it. Here are the details, one more time:

Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Time: 10:30 AM
Place: Town Hall, Nathan Bennett Pavilion - One Washington Street, Hempstead, NY, 11550

The Town of Hempstead will adopt the scope for the Environmental Impact Statement, and that report will be submitted shortly afterward. Attendees are more than welcome to speak, but it's not required. If you do wish to speak, try to show up early and fill out one of the speaker's cards found in the lobby.

I plan to speak, and I'll post the text of my speech before heading out to the event. I hope to see numbers at the meeting tomorrow in support of a new way forward for our Island. Given the economic climate, this could serve as Long Island's very own stimulus package. I know credit has been tight, but trust me that the Lighthouse group would not have such a sense of urgency if they were not able to provide financing. Things will be ready to go as soon as all the hurdles are cleared.

Thanks to the Town of Hempstead for moving the process along more quickly than in their previous history. I hope the Town can partner with the County and the Lighthouse as the process moves forward. I hope to be on this blog sharing a lot more good news in the immediate future.

As I've said, your Island needs you, and I hope to see you tomorrow.

I welcome your thoughts in the comments section. As always, don't forget to sign the petition and pass it on. I welcome your feedback at lettherebelighthouse@gmail.com.

Coming Soon: In the coming days, expect a full run-down of the Lighthouse press avail from Thursday, as well as an explanation of the environmental review process and a discussion of potential mass transit solutions for the Lighthouse site. If you guys have any suggestions of things you'd like to see, feel free to email me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers