Thursday, February 12, 2009

White Out for the Lighthouse!


(It's a white lightouse...get it? Man, I wish I were actually funny)


As many of you know, the Islanders game on Saturday, February 21, is Town of Hempstead Night. A representative from the Town will drop the puck in the ceremonial faceoff, though we do not have confirmation on who that person will be. Kate Murray did not come last year, and there is no indication whether or not she will come this year.

Many fans have been asking what we should and could do to take advantage of this opportunity. I've been meeting with a few other prominent fans/bloggers, including 7th Woman, and we came up with an idea I like to call White Out for the Lighthouse.

It's very simple: if you go to the game on February 21, wear a white shirt in support of the Lighthouse. In addition, I hope we can start a chant of "Light-house! Light-house!" as the Town representative drops the puck. It's a simple, powerful, and positive way to show our support.

I welcome your thoughts in the finally unrestricted comments section. As always, don't forget to sign the petition and pass it on. I welcome your feedback at lettherebelighthouse@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. Good luck, I'll be forced to watch from afar, but my spirit will be there! Thank you Nick for all of your updates. I think that the "Light-House" chants are a great idea, as well as signs and banners in the lower tier of seats visible on TV cameras all game. Hopefully there will be a full house and everyone there will get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the updates Nick...as a PB reader I have followed your blog closely since CB initial post intoducing us to your blog. As a Queens native and Islander fan since 1978 I wish you all the best. LI needs this project just as bad as diehard Isander fans like us.
    Kepp the fight going. i'll be there in white on the 21st shouting my heart out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll wear my white Islanders home jersey from the early 00's. I might make a sign too

    ReplyDelete
  4. cant go unfortunatly. and the only white thing i have is a wife beater shirt so glad im not going lol. great idea though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick:

    Last night at the game, Paul Lancey of the Lighthouse told me the following:

    On Tuesday February 23rd at 10:30AM the TOH has a regularly scheduled Town Board meeting. The Lighthouse Project has been added to the agenda.

    The Lighthouse thinks it would be good for Islander fans to go to the meeting and show support for the Lighthouse. I was asked to spread the word.

    This info has been up on The7thManblog.com since last night.

    I know they will appreciate anything you can do to get this info out.

    Art

    ReplyDelete
  6. whatever people do, let's not BOO the TOH representative...it will just make us look bad, and will not advance the cause...the chant, though, is fine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Nick, I missed that you already alerted people. Good thing because my post to you said Tuesday was the 23rd as you posted it's the 24th.

    I look forward to meeting you on Tuesday.

    Art

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope somebody is contacting News12 Long Island, Newsday, MSG, ESPN, Versus and all other outlets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Nick. I'm traveling the 2 1/2 hour trip tomorrow. Any chance we can meet? Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete

Followers